(updated May 2022)
We respect your privacy and take personal information security very seriously and therefore will take all reasonable measures to protect it and outline all details in this policy hereunder. In order to fulfill our service to you when shopping with us, we do need to use some of your Personal Information.
What Personal Data do we collect and use?
In order to deliver our products and/or services, we need to collect and process some Personal Information whether you are a registered user or a guest user. The Personal Information we collect is what is necessary in order to perform our services to be best of our ability.
When registering and/or placing orders with us, we may collect the following information:
- name and surname
- email address
- physical and/or billing address
- mobile number
Should your personal information change, please ensure that your account / order reflects the updated and correct information and can be edited anytime on your profile when logged into your account.
You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true and correct and that does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
We will only use your personal information for the following:
- With regards to the ordering, sale and delivery of your orders
- To inform you of new products, features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us, which you are able to do at any time)
- To improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website.
We may further disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To our employees who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering or delivery of goods to you
- To law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- To our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services, courier etc). Our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit
Information from using our Website
When you access our Website, whether or not you are a registered user, we process some of your Personal Information. Depending on how you access and use our Platforms, we may receive:
- Log information, through online identifiers, including information on how, when and for how long you use our Website and other services, the content you view and search queries you submit.
- Information about the equipment / devices used to access our Website, including the types of devices used, how you access it, your browser or operating system and your IP address.
- Geographic location from which you accessed our website, including your device’s global positioning system signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers. We get this information when you use location-enabled services.
- Third party information, such as social media including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc...
Why do we collect and process your Personal Information?
- To identify and verify you
- Create your user account
- Fulfill products ordered by you, deliver them and process any returns
- Provide you with information regarding our products
- Send you information regarding any updates, competitions, promotions and sales (unless you have unsubscribed or opted out)
- Provide you with feedback regarding the status of your order/delivery
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your Personal Information for as long as we need it to provide our products or services to you; it is required or allowed by law and is in line with our internal retention policies; it is necessary to uphold the contract between you and us; you have agreed to us keeping your Personal Information subject to your request for us to stop processing your Personal Information.
By accessing and using our Website, you consent to us retaining records of your Personal Information for no longer than may be necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was initially collected or subsequently processed.
Cookies & Tracking
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing or any other purposes.
We may provide or make your Personal Information available to:
- our employees, the staff of Alloy Jewellery Gallery and/or third party service providers in order to enable them to assist us to interact with you for the ordering of products or when delivering them to you.
- law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity.
- third parties (such as a potential purchaser and its professional advisors) in the event of any reorganisation, merger, consolation, sale, joint venture, or other disposition of any or all of our assets.
- our service providers (under contract with us) who assist with various elements of our operations (fraud prevention, marketing, courier services, technology services, payment gateways etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your Personal Information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit or any other purpose, and must treat such information as confidential information.
- our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any products you have purchased or for any other purpose which may require their involvement, i:e - delivering parts / returns
Sending Personal Information outside of South Africa
We may transfer certain Personal Information outside the geographic borders of South Africa to service providers for purposes set out above.
When we transfer your Personal Information outside of the geographic borders of South Africa, we will ensure that we do so in accordance with the requirements for lawful transfer outside of South Africa as set out in POPI.
By accessing and using our Website, you consent to us transferring your Personal Information outside of South Africa as set out in POPI.
Security regarding your Personal Information
We secure the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Information in our possession or under our control by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of Personal Information; and unlawful access to or processing of Personal Information.
Customer / Data Subject Rights
Having provided adequate proof of your identity, you have the right to:
- view, correct and/or amend your Personal Information we process. Please note that as a registered user, you can do this through your user account for the Personal Information reflected therein.
- request a record or description of your Personal Information.
- request to have your Personal Information corrected, destroyed or deleted. Please note that you can stop being a registered user by cancelling your account. In this instance, we will only retain your Personal Information subject to any legislative requirement and/or our internal retention policy.
- us complying with your requests upon receipt unless we have a credible reason why we cannot comply.
- us indicating where, if we cannot agree whether to correct or delete your Personal Information as requested, that a correction or deletion was requested but was not made.
- inform you if reasonably practicable, should we change your Personal Information and if this has an impact on decisions about you.
- notify you of the action taken by us because of your request.
- notify you of unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
- Submit a complaint to the Information Regulator.